Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Pics
Smoking is likely delayed - we ran out of propane, I had to run into town today. Lost several hours productive time. An extra day in the chill chest for things to set is not a problem, however. Were it not for the rodent I'm trying to chase out of the shed, I could air cure these, since I used some prague powder, and its bith very dry (for us) and quite cool (for us).

Updated picture of the Buff Barred boy. He's a cull.
20220128_145846.jpg
20220128_145922.jpg

Not going in for a month, but my new seeds for the pasture have arrived. I had to get creative on sourcing, given quantities desired and that they are "strange", or at least atypical. Hoping to overseed 1/4 to 1/2 acre with this mix, and allow it to self seed from there. [Crossposted from "My Acre of Weeds"]

1643820411534.png

/edit Sub 40s overnight, which is delaying the plantings - needs to be after danger of frost. 91% chance of rain on Friday, then the temp drops, so that will be my culling day. Last of the recent culls is in the crockpot now with a bunch of taco seasonings - my wife made fresh salsa last evening, which has had a chance to marry (and the raw garlic to mellow). The tortillas are store bought - even if I could find my tortilla press (I know which box its in), my tortillas are an embarassment.

Good day all, and good eats! I gots stuff to do outside.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom