Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Got him (or her).

Cost me another pair of hatchling.

View attachment 3471831
I seen one yesterday morning in the neighbors pasture. I put a box trap with egg in his kinda out of sight.. so far nada.
I've caught probably over 50 of them and 89 raccoons in the last few years.

I'm assuming that was his last night
He (or she) is already serving as fertilizer, depth between 26 and 32".

Waste not, want not.

This was the first night I didn't manually close the pop door to the grow out pen. The beast defeated the electric fence, scaled the fence around the grow out pen, scaled the step over fence, and trapped the hatchlings.

The two that made it have the best coloration. This beast had one of my birds in its mouth, I don't see the body of the other missing hatchling, will have to look tomorrow when its light out.

See it???
341854537_1017635126286754_7656321147055964761_n.jpg

The possum didn't see it either - survived the night.

Apologies the photo is so blurry. I was under dressed and decaffeinated. Also, bird wouldn't hold still so the cell phone could focus.

⁷⁷⁷⁷7

I can see how it would be hard to see at night
It actually jumped or otherwise escaped the step-over fence - little acrobat, that one, then ran behind the electrical spool, and hid between some stuff I have stashed there, waiting to hang back into place when I'm done recovering the run (chicken wire roof to deter hawks, then re-energize the electric).

Look at the top bird. More of this please!!!! Best of the three survivors of the most recent hatch. Hoping its a boy, turned just as I was snapping the photo.

Bird three, not appearing here, is somewhere vaguely between these two in color and pattern.

View attachment 3473807

Finally!

Back
Top Bottom