Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Brief update - candled my eggs (who'd have thought, after all the times I haven't, it was after all one of the reasons I wanted light colored shells!) and 11 of 12 look to be developing weel, 1 infertile (pitched), Would like to cull excess Roos this weekend.

Instead, I'll be under the RV removing the undercladding, laying in moist dirt (we've had 3"+ rain in the last four days) and chicken droppings (its one of their favorite dust bathe spots - always shaded, almost always dry, protected from predators), and speaking foul words. The flooring of the RV is starting to sag, I need to inspect, determine if there is anything I can do about it. Unfortunately, the area I need to inspect is above the black water tank, so this won't be quick, it won't be easy, it wont be pretty. Obviously, there's a leak - somewhere - we haven't been able to locate. Don't want to have to drop the blackwater tank and restructure the floor, that's "a project" on a scale I don't want to have to undertake right now, but am not coming up with other alternatives.

Just need another cup of coffee and a clear tarp to lay on while I scoot about on my back for the weekend. and a bit more mental fortitude.

Brief update - candled my eggs (who'd have thought, after all the times I haven't, it was after all one of the reasons I wanted light colored shells!) and 11 of 12 look to be developing weel, 1 infertile (pitched), Would like to cull excess Roos this weekend.

Instead, I'll be under the RV removing the undercladding, laying in moist dirt (we've had 3"+ rain in the last four days) and chicken droppings (its one of their favorite dust bathe spots - always shaded, almost always dry, protected from predators), and speaking foul words. The flooring of the RV is starting to sag, I need to inspect, determine if there is anything I can do about it. Unfortunately, the area I need to inspect is above the black water tank, so this won't be quick, it won't be easy, it wont be pretty. Obviously, there's a leak - somewhere - we haven't been able to locate. Don't want to have to drop the blackwater tank and restructure the floor, that's "a project" on a scale I don't want to have to undertake right now, but am not coming up with other alternatives.

Just need another cup of coffee and a clear tarp to lay on while I scoot about on my back for the weekend. and a bit more mental fortitude.

☕

Be careful. It's too easy to have a slip up when you're tired and stressed. (I have a bandage on my thumb to prove it).

☕

Be careful. It's too easy to have a slip up when you're tired and stressed. (I have a bandage on my thumb to prove it).
Mostly I drop screws and bolts, then find them "later", typically by laying on one. But yes, that and the heat/humidty are why I'm starting early. We have a good forecast today, its only going to 92, the chances of rain are only 50/50, and the "feels like" should be 100-102, not real triple digits of 110+

Have a great weekend, and TY for the virtual coffee

I do not envy you at all. Spent many days under/on top of RV's. I don't do that anymore. Sold the last one last year.
Just know seals usually go first. Ask me how I know!

Since you are living in it stationary if you have a septic tank close enough and have to drop the black water tank, I would consider a flush toilet. I have seen many permanently set up done this way. Saves a lot of problems.
Hope you don't have to do that. Good luck!

I do not envy you at all. Spent many days under/on top of RV's. I don't do that anymore. Sold the last one last year.
Just know seals usually go first. Ask me how I know!

Since you are living in it stationary if you have a septic tank close enough and have to drop the black water tank, I would consider a flush toilet. I have seen many permanently set up done this way. Saves a lot of problems.
Hope you don't have to do that. Good luck!
yes I ran a line off the pipe between the house and the septic tank so parents could dump the tank when they were home. Cutting a hole in the cast with a hole saw was bit of a pain.

yes I ran a line off the pipe between the house and the septic tank so parents could dump the tank when they were home. Cutting a hole in the cast with a hole saw was bit of a pain.
Yes it is a pain.

But when you do away with the black water tank, add a flush toilet connected straight to septic you not longer have to dump the tank. Just flush away and done. This is not a good idea if you travel place to place as you need the tank. When set up permanently it makes it more like a house. No more dumping the tank!

We have a good forecast today, its only going to 92,

You might live in the US Southeast if you have ever thought of 90F as a cool day. ;)

I've been laughing hysterically at the people panicking over "Hottest Day Ever!!!"

It's been a cool spring and early summer for us. More days in June and July so far that have been under 90 than over 95.

Wow. That's a good forecast... :eek:

Yeah, I'm a yankee.

I was a Yankee. I thought I'd never be able to take the heat, but I adapted. I DO NOT miss winter temps in the single digits and negatives.

Back
Top Bottom