Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

I was a Yankee. I thought I'd never be able to take the heat, but I adapted. I DO NOT miss winter temps in the single digits and negatives.
Hubby doesn't believe me when I tell him people adapt to the heat/humidity of the south. Just like we northerners adapt to the winter temps. (Some of us, sort of. <--that's me.)

I could live in the south. He could live in Alaska. Michigan will be our compromise. :)

Hubby doesn't believe me when I tell him people adapt to the heat/humidity of the south. Just like we northerners adapt to the winter temps. (Some of us, sort of. <--that's me.)

I could live in the south. He could live in Alaska. Michigan will be our compromise. :)
How long does it take to adapt I wonder, because by the end of a N Illinois summer I am ready for winter and have not adapted :tongue

How long does it take to adapt I wonder, because by the end of a N Illinois summer I am ready for winter and have not adapted
I don't know. I wear long sleeved, white T-shirts just about all the time in the summer. I don't mind sweating. It's good for your pores, I've heard. Then a breeze comes along, and

AHHHH.

Hubby wears sleeveless shirts, gets hot and GRUMPY. Breeze or no breeze.

I cowarded out - by the time I got the other things I needed doing done, it was already mid day. I'll get some underskirting removed today (maybe) but not more than that.
We're at 92 now, they've upped our highs, looks like I'll have rain in two-three hours, and heat index 102.

Oh yeah, and I blew the sidewall out on my tire - so my tommorow is shot. Have to install the spare, drve the 28 miles to town, and wait for an open repair bay.

I could walk around in my underwear and claim I was wearing a bikini, I suppose, but the bottoms would say Hanes. No way... don't care if the neighbors saw me or not, the bugs would eat me alive! Especially the deer flies.

I cannot stand the way DEET feels on my skin.

Besides, the sweating is good for your pores, right? :lau

I could walk around in my underwear and claim I was wearing a bikini, I suppose, but the bottoms would say Hanes. No way... don't care if the neighbors saw me or not, the bugs would eat me alive! Especially the deer flies.

I cannot stand the way DEET feels on my skin.

Besides, the sweating is good for your pores, right? :lau
I can sweat if I have a good breeze cooling me off. If it's humid and no evaporated cooling I feel sick. I'm talking about 75 to 80f. When it gets warmer I just do the necessities.

I can sweat if I have a good breeze cooling me off. If it's humid and no evaporated cooling I feel sick. I'm talking about 75 to 80f. When it gets warmer I just do the necessities.
80f would feel wonderful right now. Sometimes 75-80 is our low at night but only a few mins and it's on the way back up.

Back
Top Bottom