MAKING $ ON EGGS LIKE CRAZY WOMAN! most you've gotten for a dozen eggs

$130.00 per dozen

hide.gif
lol.png
Oh EATING eggs. I see.

We sell for $3.00 per dozen, and usually I post ads on Craigslist or put up fliers/posters at our local store's bulletin board. I don't sell eating eggs anymore though, and even when I did, I have more people than I could manage.
smile.png

We seldom have extra eggs since we eat most of what our girls produce, but whenever I have a spare half a dozen our son's daycare lady buys them for $2.50, so I guess that would make it $5 per dozen. I tried to sell them for less, but she insisted.
idunno.gif

I don't have any eggs to sell myself but when I used to buy them from coworkers (non organic but farm fresh and free range) I would pay $2 to $2.50. But I think they were just covering their feed costs.

The most I have seen them for was $8/dozen and that was a farm that was doing certified organic/free range/pastured hens. They were selling their duck eggs for $10/dozen (also free range organic, etc.).

$4 for free range chicken eggs
$5 for free range duck eggs

I offer a 50 cent discount if they return the carton or bring their own.

I also give out a boobie prize - if they find a wood or ceramic egg, they get a free dozen bantam eggs.
roll.png

I also accept IOUs, fresh seafood, hugs and Reiki treatments.
love.gif

My wife just took a dozen to school for a teacher friend. Plus I've given out some the neighbors to let them know I'll have eggs. I intend to put a sign on my mail box, that is when I have enough eggs to really advertize. Right now the hens just are not regular enough. I get at least 4 a day and some days 6. If I sell 6 dozen that pays for the 50 lbs of layer.
smile.png

Quote:
It's funny how people do that! I sold my first dozen to a friend and told her $2.50. She said that wasn't enough so I said $3. She wouldn't pay that either. She paid $4.50 a dozen for free range Omega 3 eggs at the farmer's market so she decided $4 would be a fair price. I stopped arguing and took the money.
big_smile.png

Here in AZ depends on location and we get 2.50 a dozen in rural Arizona, but we sell all we can get from the girls.

If we raise the price they sell slower and pile up costing us in the long haul...

Lot of folks have laying hens in our area so eggs are easy to find and or price compare....

Sell them in Phoenix like a friend of mine does or Flagstaff and they sell for a dollar more or better.....

idunno.gif

Last edited:
I sell eggs to my co-workers who ask to buy them, friends and neighbors. I get new customers thru word of mouth. My regular customers will tell others and they contact me for eggs.

Eggs are no biggie in my area. There are chickens on every block so the we don't have the egg "craze" in my neck of the woods. Fresh farm eggs is like bottled water. You can get them everywhere. I sell my eggs for only $1.50 per dozen. Some people sell them for even $1.00. The most a person could get in my area might be $2.00 per dozen. The only people that will pay more for fresh farm eggs are organic customers. My organic customers give me $5.00 per dozen (their choice). That is how much they pay in the store if not more. My organic customers refuse to give me $1.50 per dozen, so that makes up the difference.

I sell my duck eggs for $5.00 - $7.00 per dozen. Some customers give me a lot more for my duck eggs.

I have had great customers for many years. Over half of my customers/co-workers have "Credit Accounts" with me. They give me $10.00 or $20.00 to put in their "Eggs Savings Account" and as I give them their eggs, I deduct the amount owed. I give them a receipt showing what their order amount for the day was and their balance after their egg purchase. They get a kick out of it. They are too afraid of not having any money or no change when the egg orders are ready, they pay me in advance. They will email me or text me ask me what their balance is. When their balances get too low, they will hand over another $10.00 or $20.00. All of them have their own ledger card, so that I can keep up with the money that they pay me.

I don't have to buy egg cartons because so many people keep egg cartons for me. Right now, I have about 500 egg cartons in my garage. My eggs customers are happy to bring back empty egg cartons and I don't even have to ask them to do it.

I don't keep eggs in the fridge at all for longer than a few days. I have a customer that gets 10 dozen every 2 weeks. Another customer gets 6 - 8 dozen every week. All of them have standing orders. Sometimes, I don't have any eggs in the fridge for breakfast for myself.
gig.gif

I started selling eggs mostly just to help cover some feed costs. Then I became a hatching idiot. And peep sales made a lot more money than egg sales.

I was selling large dozens for $2.50/each. People usually paid me more or just told me it was too cheap.
And I have medium sized dozens for $2/each.

Rarely I have small dozen as well...usually when the new birds just start laying and I get all those super tiny eggs, I sell them for $1/dozen.

Hatching eggs from our easter eggers and buff orpingtons I sold at $10/dozen

Back
Top Bottom