Making pickled Button eggs

Terri O

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
WI~chickening for 30 years!
I think this might be a really cool gift for my friend that loves Martinis...I read on another thread that you can put them on a pick to garnish the drink! What a great, and unusual, Christmas present! So, I have a recipe for pickled eggs that I like but for how long do I boil the little eggs? I am hoping that the "crazy, easy way to boil eggs" work for these too. Anybody have any advice? TIA--Terri O

OOPS--pickled NOT deviled!

Last edited:
I don't know what the crazy easy way is, but it's pretty easy to boil them. Bring the water to a full boil and turn it off. Put the eggs in the pan and cover (with the heat off). It's either 3 or 5 minutes of having the eggs in boiling-hot (not boiling) water and they are all done
smile.png

I haven't used quail eggs for deviled eggs, but I would thing that it is very similar to any kind of egg. I would think that the boiling time would not be as long because the eggs are so small. My suggestion would be to do a practice boil on one or two eggs before hand so that you know how long to boil them.

Quote:
I use that method and love the results. I would still think that quail size eggs you may only need about 7 to 10 minutes to get them same results.

I do the bring water to a boil, put the eggs in 4 minutes on my Coturnix eggs. Drain, cover in ice add water. Start peeling. Peel pretty easy. I do 100 at a time. TO pickle, so DH can have them with his cottage cheese.

Quote:
Mine haven't popped yet BUT I haven't done very many, either.

I boiled them to feed to my sick girl (all better now).

Back
Top Bottom