Making sure there’s nothing to worry about

Norcalexplorer

Songster
Sep 3, 2019
Northern California
Hi guys, yep, it’s me again. Sorry for always posting but I literally do not know a soul that has or has ever raised ducks before so you guys are my peace of mind and answer source when I can’t fund anything about my question on internet. With that said my little ducklings the last few days have these little balding spots on the crook of their wing and body. I’m really hoping this is just what happens while they grow and assuming it is, but then again I have no idea what is normal for growing ducks yet. Here’s the pics I snapped at play time this morning...
00D7E6D3-DD23-4CB9-9404-125C29E2D606.jpeg

3E1648D6-7370-45FF-968B-E198B16C9C98.jpeg

Couldn’t really get a good one of Donald’s wings bc he was having too much fun but it’s on both sides as is Daisys. I’m really hoping it’s just them losing their down but just want to double check so I don’t miss anything. After all the reading I’ve done I’ve gathered it’s almost too late once a bird starts showing their sick, so just want to head off anything at the pass. Thank you guys!

Attachments

• 5DED8B52-41BD-45EE-BC1D-9BCD895341B7.jpeg
    5DED8B52-41BD-45EE-BC1D-9BCD895341B7.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 0
Very normal for around their age. And much easier to see on yellow ducklings.
Perfect!! Thank you @Miss Lydia !! I thought so but would be absolutely devastated if I missed something that caused any of them to suffer or get sick. It’s crazy I’m not an overprotected mom or natural worrier but dang these little ladies and Donald have me fussing over them like a helicopter mom lol! I am so deeply attached to my flock already.
Oh quick question, I just introduced peas to them today and put some in their play water and they gobbled those things down fast! I don’t want to give them too many treats. What’s approx the right amount of peas to give as treats to the two ducks a day? Oh and I bought the book “Storeys guide to raising ducks” and should be here today. Excited to learn more! Thank you @Miss Lydia for all your help!

Yep agree this site is meant for us to learn from one another and there are several on here that are always helpful and extremely knowledgeable. You have pretty little ducklings, careful though they grow sooooo fast. :hit
Oh I know! It’s been fantastic for learning! Annnnd seeing all of your adorable ducks and chicks! I just love em all!

Back
Top Bottom