1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

Gas was $1.599 here this afternoon where I go.

2. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    I grew up in Papua New Guinea so I can understand experiencing more than most at an early age.

3. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Tell me something Linda hasn't already told me :lau

4. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom Premium Member

[​IMG]

Alice is the only girl that doesn't get she is a hen... She is my only escape artist and has flew the coop to come inside... LOL yep, I got her.. and put her back in the run..Poor baby. If she didn't poop so much.....................

5. lindalouly

Going to bed, thank you all who listen to my ramblings on..... The last five minutes just summed up the rest of my day... Digging through garbage. Yep. Good night all. see you all on the flip side. Peace out. Stay cool..... Astalapasta!!!

6. lindalouly

Just got my text!!!! QUAIL eggs tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOT

7. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    That's awesome!! I am suppose to get 25 chicks this week. Hoping the poor dears don't freeze to death. Weather says it will be in the 30s. :th. this is my 1st time getting chicks through the mail. So, not really sure of the process.

8. kwhites634

The process is as follows.

1)You place your order with the breeder, who in turn gives you a ship date (anywhere from next day to 6 months, depending on the breeder, availability, weather, how close to quitting time it is if on a Friday, etc.
    2)The breeder calls to tell you the ship date has been delayed for one of the above reasons.
    3)Your chicks arrive at the Post Office, where they sit for the rest of the day
    4) On the day after shipment you continuously monitor the online tracking information, which never changes
    5)After being handed off from one P.O. hub to another along the way (because UPS or FEDEX can't be trusted, evidently), your birds finally arrive at your local P.O. (or a P.O. somewhere, hopefully).
    6)You are notified of your birds' arrival & availability for pickup, depending on how close to quitting time it is, especially on a Friday.
    7)You proceed to the P.O. to claim your shipment. The P.O. personnel can readily identify which box is yours, they simply grab the up-side-down box with the most damage
    8) You return home, where you open the box & are greeted by your new, hungry, thirsty, stressed, well-shaken (but not stirred) charges

NO PROBLEM!
    (The above tongue-in-cheek scenario does not necessarily apply in all cases. Yours may or may not be better)

Have a great day now, ya hear?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  9. lindalouly

I haven't ever ordered chicks via mail, but fingers crossed they all arrive healthy. I know lots do though and are just fine.

10. kwhites634

Good morning
    How's things in the wild west this day?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by