Making the most of it.

That's great they want to try it too. Grass fed is ideal, but you will benefit from the regular grades too. Bones got very expensive when bone broth became a fad several years ago.
I wanted to ask, do you still have your tortoise? amd your puppers?
I still have my pups!!! We got a new cat somehow and unfortunetly it lead to the passing of my tortoise... Very difficult.. I wont own one again. It hurt to much.. It was my fault too.... Tortoise castle equalled cat box and I didnt catch it. We are up to 12 chickens and 4 ducks too. Oly is still hanging on but she is slow and sleeps most the days. I try to keep her happy.

Oh chickens too! That's great.
Sorry about the tortoise. I think you are in a hard climate for them. My grandpa lived in southern CA and he had 2 desert tortoises. They were really big and would try to dig out of his back yard every so often. I remember seeing them when I was very young, and was fascinated watching them eat... how could they do that without chewing and no teeth? Amazing!

Woke up and i was able to manage better today. I took full advantage of that.i scrubbed the kitchen. I made home made tortillas. I got my bone broth going and cut boy 2s hair today. The tortillas took 2 hours to make. They were a lot of work. Im not sure if I over did it. Feeling pretty warn out but after being on the couch for 2 months I guess thats to be expected. Devin has the day off tomorrow and I hope I wake up feeling good. I almost felt human again. Did an easy dinner tonight for the kids. I took the meat out of the broth and made quesadillas. I think I will stop the broth after 24 hours and see how the bones feel. For tonight.. Im gonna just spend my time resting and watching homesteading youtube videos. Might as well learn while Im not able to do. Hope everyone has a great night.

Oh chickens too! That's great.
Sorry about the tortoise. I think you are in a hard climate for them. My grandpa lived in southern CA and he had 2 desert tortoises. They were really big and would try to dig out of his back yard every so often. I remember seeing them when I was very young, and was fascinated watching them eat... how could they do that without chewing and no teeth? Amazing!
The tortoise was kept inside.. I think I screwed up with the cat... Dang. Still kills me. She was a russian tortoise.. They dont get big. She had a huge mansion but the cat got into it... So i have decided we arent doing that again.

Woke up and i was able to manage better today. I took full advantage of that.i scrubbed the kitchen. I made home made tortillas. I got my bone broth going and cut boy 2s hair today. The tortillas took 2 hours to make. They were a lot of work. Im not sure if I over did it. Feeling pretty warn out but after being on the couch for 2 months I guess thats to be expected. Devin has the day off tomorrow and I hope I wake up feeling good. I almost felt human again. Did an easy dinner tonight for the kids. I took the meat out of the broth and made quesadillas. I think I will stop the broth after 24 hours and see how the bones feel. For tonight.. Im gonna just spend my time resting and watching homesteading youtube videos. Might as well learn while Im not able to do. Hope everyone has a great night.
You got a lot more done than I did! Glad you had a good day. What kind of tortillas, flour or corn? yummy either way with the chicken. :drool

Yesterday was Ds day off.. We started ot as a pretty lazy day. I did get my broth done though but havent used it yet.. One chicken doesnt make much broth.. Hmmmm but we ended up visiting our best friends that we rarely get to see. I wasnt feeling well but I forced myself to go.. I had a blast. I got to spend some quality time with the kids... Kids I often think of as my grandbabies.. I read them books.
We played tons of make believe and lots of tickling and kissy time on those babies. I wore myself out forsure but worth it. Today.. Im more slow going
Nothing is getting done but thats okay. I have learned that sometimes the mess needs to be ignored and its okay if D makes dinner. Thank God for Devin cuz not every husband is built like him.. Very patient and it helps he is a little Adhd and cant sit much. Lol

So pretty much I have been just chilling today. My digestive system went out of wack for 2 days but I think it released today. Devins brother is over hanging with him.. I got a room full of my kids hanging out. Its gonna be an early night. Then D is off to his long long long hours again. Ohhh and the sun shone today. I got some videos of the ducks playing in the pool. So not a bad day. Hope you all have an amazing day!!!

Back
Top Bottom