In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
1) What type of bird , age and weight. -5months old
2) What is the behavior, exactly.- streches neck wierd sounds
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?- 1 week
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.-none
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.-None
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. - Chicken grain and water
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.- Foamy
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?-NOne

Heres a quick video of my chicken and the weird behavior. You might have to copy and paste the link in your browser to watch the video. Thanks for any suggestions, Jan

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast replies! I will definitely keep an eye on her throughout the week and let you guys know the progress. Just seems weird that shes been doing this for about a week now, almost constantly.
sad.png
I timed her and the longest interval was 30min in between sneeze/cough... Thanks again, Jan

We have one hen (8 months old) that makes a somewhat similar noise - almost a rooster crowing sound. Fairly loud.

She does it in the morning, at night, and when she lays an egg.

Is her behaviour normal otherwise?

she does that all day long. mainly her actions are normal, she does chicken things. but sometimes when she does it she gets unsteady on her feet and sits. i am a beginner and dont know if she is sick or his is something she just does.

hare wizard, yes she scratches at the dirt and eats insects and bugs. i have never seen her eat a worm but im not always watching. I did try looking down her throat saw nothing, (i was looking for gapeworm) her bedding is straw and none of my girls are laying eggs. they are five months old. do u think she might be egg bound?

Does she keep opening and closing beak as if she's taking in air, ive got 1 doing pretty similar to yours but not as loud and ive noticed her keep doing that with her beak, but then im suspicious mine a roo,

Back
Top Bottom