Malay eggs

Muf973

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
Jordan
Hello my friends..I placed 120 local chicken eggs in my incubator with 5 Malay eggs..all eggs hatched but the malay eggs..today is day 22..can anyone help me in solving this issue..by the way I candler the malay eggs and they are all fertile and there are chicks in them..thx

Thank you for your help..it's really disappointing to buy an incubator for a certain breed..and to watch all cheap chicken eggs hatch but the ones you are waiting for..I wish I can open the eggs without waiting for them to rotten I'm the incubator..maybe they are still alive..

Thank you for your help..it's really disappointing to buy an incubator for a certain breed..and to watch all cheap chicken eggs hatch but the ones you are waiting for..I wish I can open the eggs without waiting for them to rotten I'm the incubator..maybe they are still alive..
I know the feeling only too well. It's great to have an egg candler and I usually check mine within the first week of incubation so I can weed out the bad ones. I've used a small LED flashlight with great success too. It's super disappointing when the eggs that you really really want just don't hatch. Seems that the cheap eggs always have a great hatch rate! And all of the roosters especially are sure to hatch. If the chicks are alive in their eggs sometimes you can gently pick them up and feel them roll. I don't recommend messing around with them too much but it's better to know. I learned the hard way when I had an egg explode in the incubator. It left a mess for me to clean and I spent hours disinfecting. I've had friends open their eggs to see if the chicks are alive, but I've not done it myself.

I know the feeling only too well. It's great to have an egg candler and I usually check mine within the first week of incubation so I can weed out the bad ones. I've used a small LED flashlight with great success too. It's super disappointing when the eggs that you really really want just don't hatch. Seems that the cheap eggs always have a great hatch rate! And all of the roosters especially are sure to hatch. If the chicks are alive in their eggs sometimes you can gently pick them up and feel them roll. I don't recommend messing around with them too much but it's better to know. I learned the hard way when I had an egg explode in the incubator. It left a mess for me to clean and I spent hours disinfecting. I've had friends open their eggs to see if the chicks are alive, but I've not done it myself.

Thank you so much for your nice words..I just opened the eggs and all chicks were already dead..they seem too small..I think they didn't develop well..I asked a friend of mine he asked about the hens and I told him they are new young ones..first timers..he assumed that it's normal for new young hens..and that I have to wait 2 weeks to collect eggs from young hens for incubation..do you have any idea about it.

Thank you so much for your nice words..I just opened the eggs and all chicks were already dead..they seem too small..I think they didn't develop well..I asked a friend of mine he asked about the hens and I told him they are new young ones..first timers..he assumed that it's normal for new young hens..and that I have to wait 2 weeks to collect eggs from young hens for incubation..do you have any idea about it.
In my personal experience it seems that when I have tried to hatch eggs from young pullets, the offspring didn't thrive as well and most never hatched. I now save myself the trouble and try to hatch eggs from my older hens because I get better results. What do you think?

In my personal experience it seems that when I have tried to hatch eggs from young pullets, the offspring didn't thrive as well and most never hatched. I now save myself the trouble and try to hatch eggs from my older hens because I get better results. What do you think?

I hope this is the case with my malay eggs
1f60a.png

I have more than one batch in the incubator..I will see if the hatch rate gets better..It's too hard to watch them lay eggs and not collect them for incubation
1f62c.png
I hope things will get better..
1f44d.png

I hope this is the case with my malay eggs
1f60a.png

I have more than one batch in the incubator..I will see if the hatch rate gets better..It's too hard to watch them lay eggs and not collect them for incubation
1f62c.png
I hope things will get better..
1f44d.png
I hope it does get better! And I agree - SO hard to not grab the eggs up and try to incubate them. My seramas typically begin to lay around 4 months of age so I don't have to wait long for them to start, but it's hard to make those eggs into an omelet instead of slow cooking them in the GQF. Trust me, I feel your pain! But your young ones may be healthier for it when they hatch if you wait until your pullets perfect their egg makers first.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom