~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
cute girl
big_smile.png

Quote:
That is a good one. I bought him because I am a sucker for the blue copper color. Most of my Marans are blue coppers too. I only paid $4 for him so it didn't break me
wink.png
The kid had to get rid of them plus I already had the hens.

I would like to find some good quality Serama but it seems the only ones I find at shows around here are more cast offs........I have a beautiful exotic bird cage that I would love to keep them in in the house. I know sounds crazy but no crazier than a macaw.

Do any of you know of any breeders in Southern Ohio/ Northern KY that would let me pick some up? I don't like shipped eggs/birds to many risks involved.

Thanks! Now I am going to go take a picture of a chicken booty.

Quote:
Ingrown comb. I had one, too, this year. He was so pretty otherwise, it broke my heart!
invertedcomb.jpg

Quote:
Ingrown comb. I had one, too, this year. He was so pretty otherwise, it broke my heart!
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae251/liz_millerOH/invertedcomb.jpg

Roger that!! I have an ongoing frizzle project...last fall I hatched about 25 chicks in this project---turned out about 50/50% for frizzle or smooth...ALL the pullets had normal combs...All the smooth cockerels had normal combs....EVERY frizzle rooster had an inverted comb.
sad.png
sad.png

Quote:
I've decided to sell my dear Nelly, if you're interested. I have no Duckwing colored birds to breed her to, and she should get a new home while she's still young. As unremarkable as her show carreer was, she is the mother of most of my current show birds. I don't have a male to put with her yet, unless you want a white one. She's under two years old, lays well, and is friendly. You can always tell who her chicks are, because they inherit her character. I live about 1.5 hrs north of Cincy, but I'm sure I'm due to make a trip south fro a show one of these days.
31816_nelly_forbyc.jpg

I'm in no hurry to be rid of her, but it'd be nice if she was close to home!

This is my favorite of her children:
31816_img_1944.jpg

Last edited:
talked to the guy with the seramas, and he had one hen sitting on some bantam and lf eggs as well as hers, and then a predator got in and got them, so wanting to one day soon bring eggs over while laying still to set in bator. just cant wait, and hate having almost empty bator, but probly need to get help on coops/pens soon as after a month theyll need to have outside space on balcony (well the serama, dutch, and rosecomb if i can get any females, will probably be always or at least alot inside).

Quote:
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae251/liz_millerOH/invertedcomb.jpg

Roger that!! I have an ongoing frizzle project...last fall I hatched about 25 chicks in this project---turned out about 50/50% for frizzle or smooth...ALL the pullets had normal combs...All the smooth cockerels had normal combs....EVERY frizzle rooster had an inverted comb.
sad.png
sad.png

S would it be best to cull and not take the risk of breeding? I don't want to get rid of him and end up spreading the malformation if it is genetic.

Quote:
That is a good one. I bought him because I am a sucker for the blue copper color. Most of my Marans are blue coppers too. I only paid $4 for him so it didn't break me
wink.png
The kid had to get rid of them plus I already had the hens.

I would like to find some good quality Serama but it seems the only ones I find at shows around here are more cast offs........I have a beautiful exotic bird cage that I would love to keep them in in the house. I know sounds crazy but no crazier than a macaw.

Do any of you know of any breeders in Southern Ohio/ Northern KY that would let me pick some up? I don't like shipped eggs/birds to many risks involved.

Thanks! Now I am going to go take a picture of a chicken booty.

Jessi and Patrick (Bluegrass Seramas) are in Kentucky.

I strongly believe that ingrown combs are to to much protein when they are growing, I would just fix the comb so the bird is comfortable!! put some lotion on the comb, then gently pull on the points that are near the ingrown area!! Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom