Male Buff Orpington Duck looking for a good home!!!

Aww he sounds darling. I just am concerned with the fact that he has always been in a heated space during the cold that if you give him to someone and they just put him right out, it might be very hard on him.Especially if he is going through adjustment to new ducks and a new home. That will be a lot of physical and emotional stress and then adding the cold to it might have a very detrimental effect on him. Can you just hold through till late April to place him if he goes to an outside home? It sounds like he is content where he is right now. Ducks don't actually need a pond, just a bathing pool is fine. My ducks are happy with kiddie pools and bathing bowls.

Aww he sounds darling. I just am concerned with the fact that he has always been in a heated space during the cold that if you give him to someone and they just put him right out, it might be very hard on him.Especially if he is going through adjustment to new ducks and a new home. That will be a lot of physical and emotional stress and then adding the cold to it might have a very detrimental effect on him. Can you just hold through till late April to place him if he goes to an outside home? It sounds like he is content where he is right now. Ducks don't actually need a pond, just a bathing pool is fine. My ducks are happy with kiddie pools and bathing bowls.

Valid points on the heat, he is acclimatized to something much different than say my buffs are. He looks lovely, i only have females. Plus the mention of a pool is valid, no ponds here other than my ornamental koi pond which they are NOT allowed in.

I wonder if there are any rescue places that could help you place him?

The MSPCA in Methuen MA, which is probably about 2 hrs away from ErinLC is a fantastic rescue. I have had, over the years, gotten many ducks from them ( I have had at least 14 ducks since 2001 and only 1 did not come from there). They are a wonderful place, and have every animal you can imagine. If, God forbid, I had to surrender my pets, I would be sad, but ok, with them going there. If she called and talked to the people in the farm animal section, I bet they could help her.

Or call the MSSPA in Windham, ME. Not sure if they would be able to help, but they are fantastic too.

Back
Top Bottom