Male duckling sounds

Smashton

Hatching
5 Years
May 20, 2014
Delmar MD
I've only ever had female ducklings so I know what it sounds like when their little cheep starts to change but I'm wondering what does a male duckling sound like? Does it go from cheeping right to that raspy noise they make?

I have two pekin ducklings and I was hoping all along they were a male and female... They both are starting to make this different noise that reminds me of my adult females "chatter"... One duckling has a pale pink beak and the other a dark orange beak.. I know you can't determine sex by beak color but I was secretly hoping..

I know I prob just need to wait a couple days and they will let me know for sure what sex they are but I was just wondering if anyone had any input since I've never raised a male duckling before..

I've only ever had female ducklings so I know what it sounds like when their little cheep starts to change but I'm wondering what does a male duckling sound like? Does it go from cheeping right to that raspy noise they make?

I have two pekin ducklings and I was hoping all along they were a male and female... They both are starting to make this different noise that reminds me of my adult females "chatter"... One duckling has a pale pink beak and the other a dark orange beak.. I know you can't determine sex by beak color but I was secretly hoping..

I know I prob just need to wait a couple days and they will let me know for sure what sex they are but I was just wondering if anyone had any input since I've never raised a male duckling before..

Sorry bill colour is not a representation of sex, wish it were but no. I have half dozen pekin, half have the pinkish bill, the others have an orange, i have 1 drake, 5 ducks.

Voice wise usually by 4-5wks their does start to become this separation between the sexes and the voice, i found girls get theirs first boys almost appear to loose their voice as the raspy comes in.

How old are they?

They are 4 weeks old.
My males, now almost two months old are just starting to lose their peep. Usually by 8 weeks if its not quacking/trying to quack then its probably a boy. Though there are some "late quackers" out there.

Back
Top Bottom