1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

male ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cuqui18, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Cuqui18

Cuqui18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Concord, Ma
    if i got 2 male ducklings would they get along or fight as they got older?

2. Senna95

Senna95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Woodland
    If you just have males and no females they will get along great!

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I had 2 pekin drakes and they got along alright but when spring came, all they did was try to mate eachother and all of us. Not my idea of fun.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I believe I'd go with females.

5. Cuqui18

Apr 17, 2011
    Concord, Ma
    Quote:im just concerned about noise... because i know females tend to be more quacky

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Muscovy ducks don't quack. They just make soft trilling, cooing noises. Believe me, the mallard derived drakes may not quack but mine were pretty noisy anyway.

7. Cuqui18

Apr 17, 2011
    Concord, Ma
    Quote:honestly if my mom would let me i would definitely go with muscovies! i do not intend to be offensive in any shape or form to any muscovy duck oners, but my mom says they scare her because of how they look so she wouldnt let me get them [​IMG] again do not mean to offend anyone, i think they are lovely ducks [​IMG]

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:honestly if my mom would let me i would definitely go with muscovies! i do not intend to be offensive in any shape or form to any muscovy duck oners, but my mom says they scare her because of how they look so she wouldnt let me get them [​IMG] again do not mean to offend anyone, i think they are lovely ducks [​IMG]

The girls don't have the large carnicles like the drakes do. And they are very quiet. see this is an adult female Muscovy [​IMG]

9. Cuqui18

Apr 17, 2011
    Concord, Ma

The girls don't have the large carnicles like the drakes do. And they are very quiet. see this is an adult female Muscovy https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42327_img_2060.jpg

I think she is beautiful!!!

10. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    tee hee when I was a kid I didnt know what they were we saw them on the pond at the camping place we went to in FL and we called them ugly ducks... hehe.... they arent really, atleast not the girls and some of the boys are pretty too with Elvis hair haha. But my grandpa wont let me get them either, and honestly I dont want tohave to worry about accidently hatching mules so I just stick to one lineage of duck lol. They are cute though especially the girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by