Male, Female, Breed?

marshgrass

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2017
Posted last week that I'd try to get some pictures. Here's the little one. Born early June. So about 4.5 months old right now. Sorta makes rooster sounds and acts very masculine around the other four (2 sussex 2 brahma) but I think it could also be just because it is smaller than the others and the odd color out of the group. Likes to stay by itself and forages to no end...prefers a "wild diet" to the scratch and peck feed haha. Very strange looking bird, but I'd guess there's some Polish in it. I can't tell the sex though, seems like by this age one would know.
Anyways, here's Lucky. Gardner found him/her at a day or two old with a huge chunk taken out of the neck...lucky he/she survived. Yes wing is clipped.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    513.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    487.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    494.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 15
No clue as to it's breed but sure is pretty! Thinking a pullet cause no hackle/saddle feathering that I can see, if you can get a picture from the side of it standing so we can see the back (neck - tail) area.

Where did you get it? Its facial features remind me of a game bird but they crest may indicate some Polish in it. Could you get a picture of it standing by its self? I'm leaning towards it being a pullet.

Where did you get it? Its facial features remind me of a game bird but they crest may indicate some Polish in it. Could you get a picture of it standing by its self? I'm leaning towards it being a pullet.

Well, to make a long story shorter...my girlfriend's mother's gardener found little Lucky in his yard after one of his cats had gotten to it. He brought it over to the house and asked us to look over it while he was at work and of course that led to the adoption of 4 more (I couldn't be happier). His neighborhood in Fort Worth is on the more, um, up and coming side of town and the only people that have chickens there according to him are those that just let them run around year-round.
Makes me think there could even be cross species breeding. I love this little one though, and was really hoping for a rooster to get some good breeding accomplished. Any ideas for mixes would be greatly appreciated! Haha, assuming either rooster or hen.

I'll get a standing picture later today

Here yall go! Hope one of them works

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 15