Male or Female ? 5 mths old I believe an EE

Quack

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 13, 2012
I got her yesterday, well I hope its a she. 4-5 mths old very sweet but the streaming tail feathers have me wondering if maybe its male. I believe its an Easter Egger.

The lighter one was sold as an Ameracauna.

Pretty sure a male but again may be female have one just like that and she is a 3 month old pullet so saying male but might be female you never know

looks like a pullet to me. Lack of comb at this age, might not be out of the question but I'm still leaning towards pullet.

I don't see anything that screams cockerel. Looks like a Black sex-link pullet to me. The "ameraucana" is actually an EE, coloring indicates cockerel, but I don't much of a comb on him/her.

I Say Female I Could Be Wrong But That's My Answer I Have One Female EE Who Looks Just Like It Except It Has A White Face and her sister paint brush white face is crayola

that's a pullet nothing not even coloring says cockerel on her. her tail is just messed up from either her previous confinement area was to small or the other chickens that were with her wouldn't leave her alone

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom