Attachments

• 20230417_232230.jpg
    20230417_232230.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 20230417_232218.jpg
    20230417_232218.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 5
How old is the bird?
8 weeks old I have 2 of them and they are easter eggers. The tractor supply said they were all females. I got attached to them but I cannot have the loud crowing in my area so what do I do now? Can they stay in the house and put them out later in the day or will they still crow? Can you see the sex since they are only 8 weeks old?

The raised row comb thing is not true, but at 8 weeks a comb that large and colorful means you have a cockerel.
Its not that red more like pink. Can you keep them inside and bring out later? I dont need the loud crowing. They are not crowing yet. 8 weeks old. Or do they crow whenever?

Its not that red more like pink. Can you keep them inside and bring out later? I dont need the loud crowing. They are not crowing yet. 8 weeks old. Or do they crow whenever?
Every rooster is different as to when and how much it crows. And this changes with the age of the rooster, and is influenced by things in the environment. You get what you get. Pink instead of yellow at 8 wks means male. Also, that size looks male to me. But better pictures from the side and front where the bird is standing by itself in sunlight or natural light would help. If you can't have any loud crowing, you should probably rehome this bird for both your sakes.

They crow when they're ready. I would look into re-homing if it is a cockerel, as I believe. We have a section in here, you can also post in your state thread. And there's always Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom