Male or female Muscovy??

kkattt

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Massachusetts
Hi! I have two Muscovys.. not sure if I have the name assigned to the right duck! (Penelope and Porter) Any ideas?

99304_img_1687.jpg

99304_img_1684.jpg

99304_img_1683.jpg

Oh yeah-- the person I got them from said they would be all white---?? Not so sure about that!!

Both look like boys to me..the darker one MAY be a girl. if their legs and feet are big they are usually boys if they are small they are girls and same with there necks

Oh no! I named the darker one Porter and the lighter one Penelope!! hmmm.. going to see if I can notice a difference in neck/feet now!

They don't look that old. I would give it some more time, mine were guessed out as all males awhile ago and now definitely two are hens. My drake all of a sudden just started growing like a weed in comparison, he is substantially heavier, bigger in the head, feet and now my 'ladies' quack ..
lol.png
plus may sound real dumb but the girls have a rather feminine look to them to.

There all 10 wks tuesday. oops forgot, yeah i'd say there not white.. mine are they started off as yellow and got whiter as time has gone by. I can post some pics later.. need to get them out lol

Last edited:
Quote:
Sure! i grabbed a picture of my drake and one of the hens ...

I left it large so you can see the differences, notice legs, overall body size.. head shape.. you'll see how the hen has what i would describe as almost a feminine shape lol

IMG_0549.jpg

Last edited:
Oh they are so pretty! She does look feminine! I thought my lighter colored duck was a female because she was also smaller than the other... The darker one has started the hiss sound... That mean male right? Lighter one is pretty quiet... And likes to follow the other one.

Back
Top Bottom