Male or Female Welsh Harlequins?

@gottsegnet I don't know if you're still around on this forum, but I'd love to hear what sexes your duckies pictured above eventually were. We have a single Welsh Harlequin that is 6 weeks old and still peeps. She started 'accidently' honking a bit, while she preened a couple of weeks ago, but this has disappeared and now she doesn't really say anything except for peeping. Her Magpie duck sister of the same age has a VERY loud female quack, so we know what she is for sure. We really hope our Daisy is also a girl, but I'm now starting to have doubts... Pics of her below:

Ok I have two pekins and two welches any one know if I have males or females my one darker Welch honks all my others squeak very queit not loud at all

This is a better pic of all four
Hi there, I'm pretty certain that your darker ducklings are not Welsh Harlequins due to their colouring (very sweet babies though!). Welshes are much lighter at this age and have quite distinctive markings. Perhaps someone else can suggest what you might have. The duckling that honks is almost definitely a female (if this continues) but you might have to wait a bit to find out what the others are. Most females will have started honking or quacking by 10 weeks.

If they do not look like a Welch what would u say they look like and I thought the male honked lol
Unfortunately I don't have experience with ducks other than Welsh Harlequins and Magpie ducks, but I'm thinking possibly a Khaki Campbell? If you google the different duck breeds and look at Google Images, you'll get a really good idea of what the different breeds look like. Or check out the different 'breed specific' threads on the Duck forums as there are lots of pics posted here too.

Ok so I did some goggling and here is what I found
[/IMG][/IMG]
So now I'm thinking Campbell's witch is ok but wow why would some one tell me welches pure bread and find out later they r not just saddens me

Back
Top Bottom