male or female

Its a little secure its a round pin its big i recently put a top on it .thats why i bring them in cause im not done with there home outside.aww so maybe she is scared until she sees me.they are never alone outside for more than 45 min i have to keep going out to let her see me that im close by.
I'd say she is very imprinted on you, and you are her security. Once finished with your pen let them stay out for a while making the time longer and longer till they are out most of the day time, leaving them out all night is going to present a problem unless you can be sure she will not bother the neighbors because she will most likely be scared till she feels secure out there. How old are they?

They are 15 weeks old they never stay out at night.do the males only have the green pretty colors.can you look at my duck pic and tell if its male.he has the fro and now he has pretty green colors all over.i heard that the males only have those colors.can you give me your opinion.

They are 15 weeks old they never stay out at night.do the males only have the green pretty colors.can you look at my duck pic and tell if its male.he has the fro and now he has pretty green colors all over.i heard that the males only have those colors.can you give me your opinion.
Cayugas all look alike, all have that pretty green and purple coloring on their blk feathers. Best way to tell is look for the curled drake feather or listen to their quack drakes raspy girls loud LOL . can you tell by the quack?

Ok im confused my black duck i have been thinking is a male has some caracteristics of a female.i have a cayuga.the female and males have the same colors.my duck has no drake feather yet he is only 15 wks old.he has been sounding a little like my female when she quacks loud but he is loud but not as loud and sometimes sounds like a frong.i guess in just impatient lol.he has a roll of fat down its belly too

Ok im confused my black duck i have been thinking is a male has some caracteristics of a female.i have a cayuga.the female and males have the same colors.my duck has no drake feather yet he is only 15 wks old.he has been sounding a little like my female when she quacks loud but he is loud but not as loud and sometimes sounds like a frong.i guess in just impatient lol.he has a roll of fat down its belly too
It can be confusing I'm thinking you'll know for sure before long. I know some will pick their ducks up because that will usually give a clue to voice better. I have Muscovy's so doesn't work for me. But picking them up usually gets them to quacking pretty good you may be able to tell for sure. So this blk duck your wondering about isn't Cayuga? I thought it was.

I heard it was a cresten too the lady i got it from said it was a rouen My female likes to be held but the black one is not so happy about being it doesnt guack very loud when i pick it up lol

Last edited:
I heard it was a cresten too the lady i got it from said it was a rouen My female likes to be held but the black one is not so happy about being it doesnt guack very loud when i pick it up lol
Nope not Rouen I'd say crested Cayuga. Other than it doesn't quack very loud does it have a raspy voice like it has a cold or more of a clear quack.

Back
Top Bottom