Male Pekin Duckling with deficiency in need of new home ASAP! Please Help!

FeatherLace

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Waycross, Georgia
I have a 4 week old Pekin who is coming down with a vitamin deficiency, splayed legs, can't stand up, but otherwise healthy. I have him on Durvet High Level Vitamin B Complex, but im just a single woman and dosing a baby duck is very hard! Im afraid I cant get enough in him to make him better, so I need a new home who can! I can ship him as his feathers are just starting to come in, but in his condition I'd rather not as I can't really afford it right now either.
Can someone please take him and nurse him back to health then give him a good home? He's really sweet and pretty, and he loves to swim and eat!

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
I know how to care for him with a dificiency, I am just too busy to give him the care he needs and I dont want him getting any worse!
I wonder, why does he have the deficiency in the first place?? Sorry, no judgement.. just curios. :oops:

Anyways, adding your general location to your profile will help folks make their best suggestions possible at a glance. ;)

I saw this thread and attempting to connect the two of you if possible..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/adopt-a-duck.1386127/

Hope he recovers quickly, hang in there! :fl

FeatherLace

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Waycross, Georgia
I wonder, why does he have the deficiency in the first place?? Sorry, no judgement.. just curios. :oops:

Anyways, adding your general location to your profile will help folks make their best suggestions possible at a glance. ;)

I saw this thread and attempting to connect the two of you if possible..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/adopt-a-duck.1386127/

Hope he recovers quickly, hang in there! :fl
I actually found a sanctuary who is going to take him in tomorrow!
I actually don't know why he got the deficiency! I got the Durvet solution before he got like that and I give all of my waterfowl babies a dose of it in their water at least once a week. I think its because he's a jumbo meat duck and is growing much faster and needs much more than my other waterfowl? I have two geese that supposedly need more Niacin than ducks do but just today they were running around the yard with me perfectly fine while he can't even stand. I really hope its only a deficiency. I try my best and care about all of my animals. I put him in the pool with some lukewarm water to let him get some therapy for his legs since he's not standing on them but I just don't have the money or time to care for him, and it hurts my heart to have him here like that

Top Bottom