1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Male (Probably) Guinea Hen, Needs New Home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ChickenLover741, Jun 19, 2016.

1. ChickenLover741

ChickenLover741 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2015
    I have a two-year-old guinea hen in need of a new home. I'm fairly certain it is a male...though I've never been good at sexing them. I live in Maine, and would prefer not to have to drive unreasonably far. I will see what I can do about shipping him. He is a bit shy, and may not trust a new owner right away. I really want somebody who has either other guinea hens, or birds of any sort. He gets along very well with chickens, though not as much with roosters. I have also found him to be a very good protector to the flock. He has chased away predators who threatened the other birds before, and will make sure none of the birds are missing. He has been a great member of our flock, but I can no longer care for him.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. ChickenLover741

ChickenLover741 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2015
    Well, he's found a new home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by