Male Quail with missing feathers and swollen red butt

Mudd

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
He is an aggressive breeder and I would love to separate him if he didn't always call out. I am looking at him and his feathers are pulled out like he has been mounted and his little butt area looks red and swollen. Do females get revenge for all this hanky panky going on. I never seen her attack him, Just him trying to mate her all the time. Or is he just over sexed? I removed her and put her with the other girls to leave him alone for now but later i have to put one back because I live in the city and people are not going to be to happy with me and his calling

I have another pair that are great together and actually escaped the cage last night with me waking up to find an egg next to my pillow. Apparently they spent the night next to my head looking at the amount of poo I cleaned. eww

I just gave him a warm bath in hope it wil help. All my other quails are fine

I have this happening to mine i would like to know if anyone has any input!! Could it be other males bullying??

edit: i have button quail

I have this happening to mine i would like to know if anyone has any input!! Could it be other males bullying??

edit: i have button quail
This thread is 9 years old. It's unlikely the original poster will respond.

This usually comes from another male. With buttons you want to keep pairs, and unless you have a lot of space, each pair should have their own pen.

Back
Top Bottom