Male sitting on eggs??

Pigeonbeast

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2017
My experience with this page has been great! I truly thank Hokum Coco for all his blessed help! Always replies & provides good information & also makes it sound simple. Now i have another question if anyone of you guys can answer lol. If you know that there is a Male & Female & now the girl layed 2 eggs. For some reason, only the Male is sitting on the eggs. Is it because they may not be fertile so the female isn't sitting on them? Thanks guys, answers would help!

For some reason, only the Male is sitting on the eggs.
The male on the other hand does most of the feeding of the squabs. Your situation sounds different I must admit. The reason for that is because we do not live in a "PERFECT" world. Have you candled the eggs? (Should see development in about a week.)
You may have a same sex paring. Which I am starting to suspect is the issue. I think the other bird is monopolizing because it may be ready to add 2 more eggs.
Just for the record same sex paring can result in the rearing of four squabs (it has happened in my loft). The reason for this is because the females are just a little bit premiscuous (especially after the first clutch of eggs are laid).

Last edited:
Don't worry. I find that many of my male pigeons do much more brooding than the females. They are all different.

Also they do different time shifts. You might be missing the time the female is on her brooding duty.

Don't worry.  I find that many of my male pigeons do much more brooding than the females. They are all different.

Hello, thx for the information! Lol idk but everytime i check, the male is always sitting on them. So when the femake laid her eggs, a few days later there were no veins. I told my friend & he said just wait a bit more before you throw them away or whatever. So i waited like 3 more days. I candled the eggs & what do you know! I seen the fetus & vains in both eggs :D. Im just happy the eggs turned out fertile. Probably i should start checking every hour & see if the female is sitting on them. Thanks for the info guys!!

Back
Top Bottom