Male to female ratio

Annandy

In the Brooder
May 9, 2023
Hi, a month ago I got a male guinea fowl and 2 females. One of the females is being left out sometimes and occasionally chased off.
I've discovered that they're monogamous and I have a chance to get another male.
I'm unsure though. I'm thinking it might make the situation worse especially as I've just seen the male chasing my hens away from food.
Does anyone have any advice please?
Thanks

Hi, a month ago I got a male guinea fowl and 2 females. One of the females is being left out sometimes and occasionally chased off.
I've discovered that they're monogamous and I have a chance to get another male.
I'm unsure though. I'm thinking it might make the situation worse especially as I've just seen the male chasing my hens away from food.
Does anyone have any advice please?
Thanks
They can give the appearance of being monogamous but aren't necessarily monogamous.

They are a flock bird and do best in large groups of guineas. a trio cannot have proper flock dynamics.

Preferred cock to hen ratio is 1:1.

Get a lot more guineas.

They can give the appearance of being monogamous but aren't necessarily monogamous.

They are a flock bird and do best in large groups of guineas. a trio cannot have proper flock dynamics.

Preferred cock to hen ratio is 1:1.

Get a lot more guineas.
Thank you for your help. I can't get a lot more guineas at the moment. I'm in Ireland and they're like gold apparently. I was lucky to get the 3. You think I should get the other male though?

Back
Top Bottom