Males, females or both?

lizakn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 19, 2012
Carlingford, NB Canada

These are photos of our 3 Pekin Ducks. They are 2 months old.
I've tried sexing them (was told to listen to the quack, look at tail feathers, the breast) but I'm still not sure. If I have all males, I plan on selling 2 of them...and getting 2 females in place of the males ASAP (I want duck eggs)
Any help sexing them is much appreciated
1f60a.png

Type 'voice sexing ducks' in the search bar at the top of the page and do an on site search. Several threads will appear that may be of help.

One thing I do with great success is pick one up and walk it away from the group until I can distinctly hear its sound. (Then do this one by one with the others). You can color-code them wth leg bands to tell who is who, if you don't see any differences- although, I can identify mine no problem, so it's up to you. :D

These are photos of our 3 Pekin Ducks. They are 2 months old.
I've tried sexing them (was told to listen to the quack, look at tail feathers, the breast) but I'm still not sure. If I have all males, I plan on selling 2 of them...and getting 2 females in place of the males ASAP (I want duck eggs)
Any help sexing them is much appreciated
1f60a.png
Bill colour also is different. More Dull is a hen and the greener is a Drake. But the quack is they best way to tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom