Mallard help

Mayramejiaa

Hatching
Jul 21, 2021
Hey there my 2 month old mallard swallowed a shoe lace, I didn’t realize the best option was to try and pull it out while I could so I had cut what was left hanging from her mouth that was about 5 inches the rest is in her belly
This will be the second day and she hasn’t been eating only drinking water she has tried throwing up but only water will come out I’m not sure how to help
If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate any ideas to help her throw up

@Mayramejiaa , do you have a veterinarian in your area experienced with birds?
If so, could you take her there promptly?
Until then, keep her in a warm, quiet, stress-free area.
Do not intentionally try to make her vomit; doing such can lead to aspiration and death.

@Mayramejiaa , do you have a veterinarian in your area experienced with birds?
If so, could you take her there promptly?
Until then, keep her in a warm, quiet, stress-free area.
Do not intentionally try to make her vomit; doing such can lead to aspiration and death.
I would probably have to look one up but I rescued her from work when she was a baby that was left behind from the mom , she’s a mallard so I’m not sure if they would take her from me if I take her anywhere

I would probably have to look one up but I rescued her from work when she was a baby that was left behind from the mom , she’s a mallard so I’m not sure if they would take her from me if I take her anywhere
They won’t take her away. Mallards can be domesticate as well. Just don’t tell them how you saved her. Take her to the doctor ASAP

Back
Top Bottom