MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Okay, @DuckLadyRo , here are my Mallards. The drakes (Nyasa and Zambia), don't look too great right now, you can see Zambia is almost in complete eclipse and has lost his wingfeathers already, and Nyasa is well on his way into eclipse. But I do think eclipse is kind of cute, they get a little chubby when they can't fly!
lol.png
Adaline still looks good!

Well I put boric acid down on neighbor side of fence. I put bug be gone up front in zone 1 . No luck on eggs.still need to do zone 2 we put ditmacious earth cinnamon down in coop let's see how long these last they love water everywhere . Sprayed front part of gate and the. Ground in front of gate.

Ducklings can get chubby. Very chubby.

Well I put boric acid down on neighbor side of fence. I put bug be gone up front in zone 1 . No luck on eggs.still need to do zone 2 we put ditmacious earth cinnamon down in coop let's see how long these last they love water everywhere . Sprayed front part of gate and the. Ground in front of gate.

Is the place where she nests dry and clean? Just be patient and let her brood when the ants are gone. I use the cinnamon to keep ants out of the house, it doesn't kill 'em but they dislike it.

It's dry if they don't splash there water everywhere there's two water pools. In front of that is there food dish nesting boxes our to the side of that the dog house is next to that. We just resently put that in to protect her and eggs for a night we had a storm. To that there's two bookshelves its mud between them. To that the other pool. Then there's a gate to front. There's a fence to the other side to separate ducks from chickens it's safe with a deer netting. On the other side of that the wall to house my sons room. And master bedroom. Then backyard . It's impossible to keep it like these we keep it clean and dry the best we can. They built the ground not even when they built the house so it's harder to drain properly.

She allow me to clean the lot. She can't anymore she very sick her dads sick. There elderly people. We try to help the best we can.

I have not yet heard of a duck that doesn't make a muddy mess :p Maybe lift the nest box up from the ground and add a ramp to reach it. And the weather should get better soon, that might be good for water drainage.

Sad to hear about your neighbors, glad you try to help them out.

Back
Top Bottom