MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Here is my first hatched mallard. We have named it Larry for now until we see if it is a drake or not. We have free range chickens and would like to keep him/her if she wa
nts to stay

My first and only baby duck that we hatched from a found egg. She is a mallard and after a few weeks of a duck following me around night and day I got her a friend Chacheeta. I am a free range chicken lover so this is all new to me. She seems to be doing fine and comes in for a visit every Sunday morning. :Dmy friends think I am nuts but they all have fallen in love with her. I hope she sticks around as I am raising her as free range with lock up at night.

hahah I'm bad, she doesn't have a name yet. we have names for our 2 males. but our females are all nameless so far. waitfing for personalies to show up or just one to click.

Okay Lucy ( I named her now haha) makes the best eggs ever! Fried up her eggs today and oh my gosh!! so good.

bottom is chicken egg. BOth eggs were same size until I cracked them into the frying pan...duck eggs yolks are huge. although not so sure why one of her gees yolks were yellow? she's free ranged. oh well.

Okay Lucy ( I named her now haha) makes the best eggs ever! Fried up her eggs today and oh my gosh!! so good.

bottom is chicken egg. BOth eggs were same size until I cracked them into the frying pan...duck eggs yolks are huge. although not so sure why one of her gees yolks were yellow? she's free ranged. oh well.
Goose eggs have enormous yolks that have almost too much flavor!!!

Back
Top Bottom