MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

sad.png
hit.gif

This morning I went out to check on my two ducks the Pekin and the Mallard. the first thing I noticed was that the Pekin was all alone so I looked and the Pekin was covered in scratches then I found one single spot of feathers and blood, then I looked again and under the propane tank a couple yards away I found my

I have lost several birds to what appeared to be a snake. They were dead laying in the coop. A week or so ago 2 mallard ducklings just ready to get their first true feathers were laying in the coop side by side with their heads still wet and slimy. I have seen a gray rat snake in the area of the poultry 3 times and egg production has been very low. Last night I went out and as I was checking the nest I moved the pine shavings and I could see about an inch of the snake's skin. I called my 20 year old grandson and we were able to get a four foot gray rat snake out of the nest box and end it's reign over the poultryyard. Just this week it had killed a 2 year old White Leghorn.

Last edited:

the first picture we believe the male is laying down, the second we believe the male is on the right, but we are not sure, is there anyway to tell based off these pictures?

Back
Top Bottom