MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

I agree with duckmiester i think that if your duck wants to fly away then it will, but if it wants to stay then it will. If your domestic duck flys away thenin the wild its natural instincts will kick in straight away. So im all for freedom but everyone has there own pepersonal opinions, thats just mine.

yes you are entitled to your opinion i respect that

but where do they get the instinct to avoid a hawk ( its a learned behavior not an instinct to hide under bushes from aerial predators it has to come from somewhere weather it be an other animal who they are copying it is a learned behavior. this is basic science of when parents of an animal give the offspring a teachable behavior rather than a known behavior. )

Last edited:
Just saying ducks get spooked by a lot of little things. So even if they want to stay they get spooked and fly away anyways a lot of the time. And for their sake of survival clipping them is just safer. That's my opinion

Okay i fianlly have a picture of my drake

He's the one standing next to his gray mate left and yes i'm sure its male. This molting he doesn't look like a mallard and i'm not sure what he is crossed with any ideas
fl.gif
any guesses greatly appreciated.

Okay i fianlly have a picture of my drake He's the one standing next to his gray mate left and yes i'm sure its male. This molting he doesn't look like a mallard and i'm not sure what he is crossed with any ideas :fl any guesses greatly appreciated.
khaki Campbell or buff cross and closer picture would be nice :)

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=8b371526326eb684e5437063eb6e77d6&oe=55CCFABD

I have 3 mallard ducklings that are 5 weeks old. I was hoping for all girls since we already have males outside and I can't have anymore males. It looks like all 3 are starting to see a bit of green on their heads, but I have 1 duck that sounds like it is starting to quack. So I am confused. I am trying to attach a video, but not sure if it is going to work. Hopefully people can watch the video and listen to him/her and give me a little help. If it is a female I am confused why it looks like there is a bit of green on her head. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom