MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

I have honestly answered these question like a million times
gig.gif

Hello, I have two Mallard babies about 4 days old. They can still barely peep, its like a whisper. But they seem to be "sneezing" a lot. I dont really know if its normal or what I should di. Other ducks I own and a gosling never did this.

These are all of my black mallards as of now , in these pictures they can be seen with grey(normal pattern) siblings
5 of them? Do the white feathers come with age or are they hatched that way? And do the ducklings have white bibs? Do the black ones have white underwing feathers? Sorry for all the questions!
Yes any white comes with age just like any animals, that bib that you see on the ducklings disappears in the first molt(so when they ge6t their juvenile feathers its gone just how regular mallard duckling have yellow on their chest these have a deeper golden yellow on their chests ). No under the feathers it is a very dark grey to silver color .

Last edited:
Hello, I have two Mallard babies about 4 days old. They can still barely peep, its like a whisper. But they seem to be "sneezing" a lot. I dont really know if its normal or what I should di. Other ducks I own and a gosling never did this.

Do they have a cup of water deep enough to dunk their heads and clear their nares in?

Back
Top Bottom