mallard x swedish mix?

stumble_n_mumble

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
i have a duckling that i bought from someone who wasnt taking care of it properly and i think it could be a mallard swedish mix. anyone have pics of them?? thanksss!!!!!
lol.png

I have one, but he's handicapped. His name is Bon Jovi (sweet story) and he's about 4 years old now.

1.jpg

Picture219-1.jpg

These are old, so I'll upload and post a more recent photo, because his plumage is might brighter and more colorful now.

BTW, Swedish + Mallard = Swallard.

Last edited:
Here are some more pics:

Picture331.jpg

He started out as more of a black, but he came from two Blue Sweds, both mother and father. After a few weeks, he took on the mallard look and only kept the white patch. Now, the blue mixed with the brown had lightened his brown and made it solid instead of the penciled look like a mallard has. He also doesn't have the plumage of a male mallard, except the brillant green head, which also has a lot pf pretty turquois blue.

here is what my Mallard x blue swed. x pekin looked like as a baby
25hfzps.jpg

and here he is about 6ish weeks ago
jijsc7.jpg

his mother is a mallard, and his father is Mojo, the Blue swed. pekin mix, Templeton is the reason he decided Mojo was mixed with blue swedish, because Templeton looks just like Sage, whos a blue swed, but she wasn't even laying when templeton was hatched.

Back
Top Bottom