Malpositioned Chick......what do I do??

Any progress? what breed? How round is the egg?

you may have to assist, but many malpos hatch on their own. More rounded eggs seem to do better than oblong/pointy eggs. Just keep in mind that since it didn't use the air in the air cell, the pip is basically and internal and external at the same time, and may take longer to progress. Maybe up to 36+ hours. As long as it is active, and the membrane stays papery white, to grayish looking, I'd wait for it to progress. If you sense struggling, or if the membrane turns brownish color, it may be getting stuck.

IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG

So my little backwards dude made it. I had to help it a bit, I peeled back some of it's shell and let it do the rest. Since it's hatched it hasn't shut up LOL. He had one heck of a story to tell and is telling it over and over.
There doesn't seem to be any overt issues with him so far, so lets hope we beat the odds.
With all his chirping another chick has started to chirp inside it's egg, so it won't be long before that one comes out to see what all the commotion is about.
Thanks for your help and support WVduckchick.

So my little backwards dude made it. I had to help it a bit, I peeled back some of it's shell and let it do the rest. Since it's hatched it hasn't shut up LOL. He had one heck of a story to tell and is telling it over and over.
There doesn't seem to be any overt issues with him so far, so lets hope we beat the odds.
With all his chirping another chick has started to chirp inside it's egg, so it won't be long before that one comes out to see what all the commotion is about.
Thanks for your help and support WVduckchick.

:wee congrats and great job!

@TRChickenRanch any action with the others?

Back
Top Bottom