Malpositioned Peachick

So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

I should have taken your advice and bought the FR 8, I had it in my hand and thought, 'that looks so tiny'. I will probably pick one up now just in case, and since they are discounting them for $1.49 each I may as well pick up a couple. Perhaps I will order some of the metal ones that @DylansMom had mentioned in another post somewhere.

Don't beat yourself up, sick chicks are at least 100x harder to tube than sick adults. Regarding the crop tubes, I've been thinking about getting some of those for the smaller birds, seems like they might be easier to use.

-Kathy

They are very easy to use on chicks, just be sure you get the ball tip, so no worries about any sharp edges. They are not cheap, but they are easy to plop in bleach and sterilize and they will last forever.

Would you mind sharing the site where you ordered them?

Does anyone know where to buy the metal crop tube/needles?

-Kathy

http://www.ssneedles.com/product/feeding_needles_curved

This is where I ordered my set of 8g. I had to buy a pack of 10, if anyone wants to buy a single 8g, let me know, I can sell a couple at what they cost me. 8g would be too big for young chicks though. The smaller one I bought from the vets office and they charged me $35 for it.

They say the Lord watches over children and fools. I guess it is for the best as the feet were not going to be right even with all the work I did to save them. This is a testament for not trying to 'save' the weak ones. This morning the little chicks feet and legs were looking much better although it looked weak, so I tube fed it again. I aspirated it, and it died, that is what I get for meddling with nature. I also need to get a FR 8 catheter as the FR 10 was too big.
Life is full of learning curves you will not learn if you do not make decisions weather they be the right one or wrong, if you do nothing you have learned nothing , you did what you had to and that is what is important, the wee pea was given a fighting chance and that is what counts here, there is a big difference between helping and saving saving a chick with genetic problems is wrong IMO but helping one that simple got behind is a good thing, you did good my friend.
We live we learn we move on
wink.png

You have a beautiful batch of chicks Congratulations
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you! I will get mine ordered Tuesday. I have also put off buying a microscope and centrifuge long enough, I have got to get that done asap. Being able to do my own fecal exams would be a great relief and save a bit of change too.

Back
Top Bottom