Malware/Spyware. BE WARNED

Chickenmaven

Songster
10 Years
Feb 6, 2009
Michigan
My main computer got MURDERED last week. It was a malware that took over the entire machine. Even wiped out my cute desktop photos. Made it unusable. I am soooo mad.
somad.gif
somad.gif
Still dealing with tech support.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Can't really get back to work until I get this settled. I'll probably wipe the drive & reinstall the operating system.

I think I got it off of Facebook. An old school chum sent me a video. According to a recent USA Today, there's a virus coming from networking sites. Anyone know about this?

It asked me to update my media player (or something). Now, I am in a WORLD OF PAIN. I do consulting, so no-typing = no pay!

Last edited:
WE had/have a terrible problem with malware. The first one was called "Antivirus 360". Be forewarned, it's not antivirus software and not to be confused with Norton Antivirus 360. It installs a downloader which brings up continuous popups, similar to some antivirus software programs. If you click on a popup, (which my daughter did, thinking it was our antivirus software) it will infect your computer, destroy your existing antivirus software, and create a huge problem, as then it will allow other viruses in. We paid an antivirus tech almost 400.00 to work on our two computers, then two days after the warranty was up we were infected again by something similar. That's why I'm here, using the library computer, while I work out the problems. Anyway, for those who don't know, we learned that Limewire is loaded with viruses, don't go near it. btw, if you have a Dell computer, I would highly recommend Dell on Call. They are excellent (we didn't use them the last time, but we have in the past)

hope you get your problems fixed. i have had a browser hijack...blank page problem for a while and haven't figured out how to get rid of it...not sure where i got it from. even got a new antivirus and it didn't help. I have to open several pages so that when it pops up don't have to restart everythinng.....getting to where i am affraid to look at anything new.
sad.png
i can't afford to hire someone to fix it either....anyway , good luck

I read about the one from facebook last week. They say it's really bad. I use norton internet security and then another one that's called Max sypware dector. That is one of the best ones I've found in a long time. It finds stuff the others don't. I love it was told to get it from a friend on another board. You can get a free scan if you want from them.I have used it for years now even keep it on my kids computers.

http://maxpcsecure.com/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom