Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

I found this thread shortly after I joined (it was already long, but I read it all!) and have followed it off and on since. I used MHP in 2017 and it worked great! I’m getting chicks again this year and will definitely use this method again. The only change I may make is in the heating pad. I used the one from the original post and have since adopted that pad for my bad shoulder. So since I’m going to get another pad I thought I might get the model that doesn’t need to be reset if there’s a power outage. I remember it being mentioned and I think it’s the same brand, but I can’t find the post with the model number. Can anyone help with that?

Personally I'd like to keep this thread going
Oh, this thread would never die, :lol: No Way!!
We could link the 'Master MHP' article here too as the chatting goes along.

Just send me any links y'all come across and I'll build them up in an article.
Can be an actual link or a thread page post number.
Tho I would encourage anyone to make their own article detailing materials and construction of their favorite design.

Grand Master of Wyoming
What does this mean??

I found this thread shortly after I joined (it was already long, but I read it all!) and have followed it off and on since. I used MHP in 2017 and it worked great! I’m getting chicks again this year and will definitely use this method again. The only change I may make is in the heating pad. I used the one from the original post and have since adopted that pad for my bad shoulder. So since I’m going to get another pad I thought I might get the model that doesn’t need to be reset if there’s a power outage. I remember it being mentioned and I think it’s the same brand, but I can’t find the post with the model number. Can anyone help with that?

I remember exactly what you’re talking about. I believe the post was by @henless, so maybe she’ll jump in. Otherwise I’ll try to find it for you.

Oh, this thread would never die, :lol: No Way!!
We could link the 'Master MHP' article here too as the chatting goes along.

Just send me any links y'all come across and I'll build them up in an article.
Can be an actual link or a thread page post number.
Tho I would encourage anyone to make their own article detailing materials and construction of their favorite design.

What does this mean??

I can think of two right off the bat, @aart! Dunno why I didn’t think of linking my own thread in the first place! Duh, Diane!!

“Grand Master” means that Ken is the head of all the Masons in Wyoming. He was “in the line” for the position for 8 years, moving up in those chairs until his final election and installation in August of 2018. He’ll hold the position until August 12, 2019 (at 4:00pm MST, but whose counting?) when the new Grand Master will be elected and installed. Ken and I have to put on the Grand Lodge of Wyoming’s Communication from August 11- 13, a huge bash with formal and informal banquets, luncheons for the men and for the ladies, a big silent auction, put together a hospitality room, and an awards ceremony. There is also a dance after the awards. After that Ken’s official title will be a Past Grand Master, still a position of high honor in Masonry. The initials before his name will be PGM, which he says stands for “Power Gone, Mister”. I still have the hardest time when we are out at an event hearing the guys, most of whom have been friends of ours for years, call him “Most Worshipful”, which they do since officially he is Most Worshipful Grand Master.

It means he and Blooie are REALLY busy!

And yes, what Bruce said!! The entire month of September, for instance, we were only home for 4 days. The other months were almost as bad. We’re in a lull right now, but have some trips coming up again, including two separate ones to Riverton (I’m sitting the first one out but going with him on the three day trip) and we fly to Salt Lake the end of the month to attend Utah’s Grand Lodge. We put 17,000 miles on our car doing Masonic visitations in two months, and only one of those was an out-of-state trip to Idaho for their Grand Lodge. By the end of April we will have visited every single Lodge in the state, plus one major event in Utah and one in South Dakota. In between are cornerstone ceremonies, Job’s Daughters, Demolay, Eastern Star, Scottish Rite, and York Rite functions. So yeah, a little busy! I’m getting really sick of wearing formals! Most of the trips are 3-7 days at a time. I’m getting tired!

Last edited:
I remember exactly what you’re talk8ng about. I believe the post was by @henless, so maybe she’ll jump in. Otherwise I’ll try to find it for you.

I can think of two right off the bat, @aart! Dunno why I didn’t think of linking my own thread in the first place! Duh, Diane!!

“Grand Master” means that Ken is the head of all the Masons in Wyoming. He was “in the line” for the position for 8 years, moving up in those chairs until his final election and installation in August of 2018. He’ll hold the position until August 12, 2019 (at 4:00pm MST, but whose counting?) when the new Grand Master will be elected and installed. Ken and I have to put on the Grand Lidge of Wyoming’s Communication from August 11- 13, a huge bash with formal and informal banquets, luncheons for the men and for the ladies, a big silent auction, put together a hospitality room, and an awards ceremony. There is also a dance after the awards. After that Ken’s official title will be a Past Grand Master, still a position of high honor in Masonry. The initials before his name will be PGM, which he says stands for “Power Gone, Mister”. I still have the hardest time when we are out at an event hearing the guys, most of whom have been friends of ours for years, call him “Most Worshipful” since officially he is Most Worshipful Grand Master.

And yes, what Bruce said!! The entire month of September, for instance, we were only home for 4 days. The other months were almost as bad. We’re in a lull right now, but have some trips coming up again, including two separate ones to Riverton (I’m sitting the first one out but going with him on the three day trip) and we fly to Salt Lake the end of the month to attend Utah’s Grand Lodge. We put 17,000 mikes on our car doing Masonic visitations in two months, and only one of those was an out-of-state trip to Idaho for their Grand Lodge. By the end of April we will have visited every single Lodge in the state, plus one major event in Utah and one in South Dakota. In between are cornerstone ceremonies, Job’s Daughters, Demolay, Eastern Star, Scottish Rite, and York Rite functions. So yeah, a little busy! I’m getting really sick of wearing formals! Most of the trips are 3-7 days at a time. I’m getting tired!
Thank you for taking the time to explain the whole Grand Master thing.. been scratching my head over it for a while! I gave never worn a formal, but you make it look good, girlfriend!

I really need to edit posts before hitting the button!! :oops:

Thank you for the compliment. Until Ken became a Mason some 39 years ago I hadn’t ever worn a formal besides my wedding dress. And Ma and I bought that on sale at Woolworth’s for $49.00, complete with the veil. We had a burger there at the soda fountain while we waited for the dress and veil to be wrapped. Oh, and we also bought couple of guppies for my little brother. See, we had to bribe him to be the ring bearer. :lau To this day - 50, almost 51 years later now - if I go shopping for a formal so I have one that hasn’t been worn to a dozen previous events, I have to get a burger somewhere. No guppies for Ronnie, though. Now I can just browbeat him into doing what I want. :smack

I really need to edit posts before hitting the button!! :oops:

Thank you for the compliment. Until Ken became a Mason some 39 years ago I hadn’t ever worn a formal besides my wedding dress. And Ma and I bought that on sale at Woolworth’s for $49.00, complete with the veil. We had a burger there at the soda fountain while we waited for the dress and veil to be wrapped. Oh, and we also bought couple of guppies for my little brother. See, we had to bribe him to be the ring bearer. :lau To this day - 50, almost 51 years later now - if I go shopping for a formal so I have one that hasn’t been worn to a dozen previous events, I have to get a burger somewhere. No guppies for Ronnie, though. Now I can just browbeat him into doing what I want. :smack
It's the dimples that make the formals look so good! :love

I'm pretty sure my daughter @BBZZZZTT has one that resets after a power outage. It's too late tonight to contact her but I'll ask tomorrow or send het here to answer, lol.
I used hers for my chicks and it worked soooo well!

Back
Top Bottom