1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Blooie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Yikes!! Good Luck!

2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way. You tell that hospital to take good care of our friend! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Blooie! What in the world? You will get through this well, I just know it. Prayers going your way, and for your drs. too. Take it easy girl. You of all people know how that works! Will be watching to see how things went. Hoping you will be feeling sooo much better when this procedure is all done. [​IMG]

5. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Best wishes. You should have someone sneak some chicks in as "companion animals" during the healing process. Seriously who wouldn't buy that.
    Attimus

3 people like this.
  6. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom Premium Member

We are with you my baking buddy, my friend, Ms Bloooi, You got this. XOXOXOXOXO

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    keeping you in my thoughts Blooie . Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I have had this done a couple times and dont remember a thing except having so much energy afterwards ! [​IMG]

8. Paganrose

Paganrose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Albany,, Wisconsin
    Blooie you are in my thoughts! Get better soon!

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Blooie you are in my thoughts and prayers. You'll do fine. Both of my aunts have been through this. Praying for your good health and a speedy recovery. :hugs

10. Splendid

Splendid Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2016
    Montana
    Good wishes,Blooie!
    Need help guys - does anyone think the space under their mama heating pad feels a little too cold? In other words, when you stick your hand in the cave does it feel warm enough? The chicks just arrived and are huddled under the cave together chirping quietly, but when I put my hand under the cave it doesn't feel "hot" just "warm "(not even super warm ). They are being brooded in the coop,btw. I have a thermometer that I will try to get a reading on, but I'm not sure it works great. Maybe I'm just worrying too much? ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by