Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

@Blooie I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my 19 year old son very unexpectedly last month. And @aart is correct, chickens do kinda help. I saw my son last about 2 1/2 weeks before he passed away, I took a picture of him holding my rooster and that is the last photograph I have of him. Needless to say, the rooster he held now holds a special place in my heart.

@Blooie I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my 19 year old son very unexpectedly last month. And @aart is correct, chickens do kinda help. I saw my son last about 2 1/2 weeks before he passed away, I took a picture of him holding my rooster and that is the last photograph I have of him. Needless to say, the rooster he held now holds a special place in my heart.

I am also sorry for your loss. Your grief must be unimaginable, yet you take the time to offer your condolences to me, someone you've never even met. You humble me.....

:frow:wee:celebrate
BLOOIE!!!!!!
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I was SO worried!!! I knew the cruise couldn't be a month long!
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I understand you being down, losing Linda is the worst. I hope you and the family had a great time on the cruise, black cloud over your head notwithstanding.

Did I :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs you yet??

I dunno, Bruce - but I could sure use a hug! You and several others have been with me throughout Linda's difficult journey, almost from the beginning, and your love and support has meant more to me than you'll ever realize. We share a unique bond, my siblings and me, much closer than most brothers and sisters ever enjoy. Just because Linda's not with us anymore does not mean that bond has lessened in any way. She was so special to all of us.

I thank all of you, on every thread, for your kindness and condolences.

Okay, that's enough of that touchy-feely stuff. I ain't very good at it anyway! So how about a photo of Katie and Evan enjoying the cruise formal night?

IMG_0655.JPG

Too bad I can't "Like" the picture of Evan and Katie 3 or 4 times :hmm

And yeah they sure do look like siblings. And aren't they lucky they live so close that they can almost be like siblings (but not in the same house so they don't have those sibling fights :D ).

Ah, but three days of the week they DO live in the same house, Bruce! He stays with Jenny and Kenny when Tam works overnights.

This year's MHP chicks are now 4 months old. Funny thing about Silkies - they don't get smarter as they age. <sigh> Must be that "raising them in a miniature MRI" environment! We've got one out there that Ken calls Dip you-finish-the-rest and if she was any dumber she'd be a rock. The run door opens to let them out, and she just stands there watching the mass exodus with a puzzled attitude. "Duh, hey, where's everybody going?" Once she's finally out there with the rest, she has no concept of self-preservation. A big raven flew around the yard the other day and while the others found quick cover, she just stood all alone in the middle of the yard with another, "Duh, hey, where's everybody going?" look. Night falls and all the others head back home. Not Dip. Yep, you guessed it. "Duh, hey, where's everybody going?" By the time she figures out that I've tossed scratch in the run for them, it's gone because she was looking around wondering.....well, you know. Please, let her be a rooster.......

Back
Top Bottom