Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! It's that time again - time again for your weekly video of the Littles! .

0.jpg
Why is it that I am unable to see a video? I only see a photo.

I have started through this thread, but am still FAR away from the end. Could I get a review in a nutshell? What is the latest recommendation, especially, I wonder what to attach my heating pad to. I do have a wire baker's cooling rack or an old refrigerator wire shelf like thing. Also, should the cave be about 6 inches tall in front and shorter in back (for newly hatched chicks)?
Thanks for your help!

I have started through this thread, but am still FAR away from the end. Could I get a review in a nutshell? What is the latest recommendation, especially, I wonder what to attach my heating pad to. I do have a wire baker's cooling rack or an old refrigerator wire shelf like thing. Also, should the cave be about 6 inches tall in front and shorter in back (for newly hatched chicks)?
Thanks for your help!
Here's how I used a rack:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/pseudo-brooder-heater-plate.67729/
Flat beats a 'cave' hands down, IMO.

Probably more like 3-4" in front and 1.5-2" in back.....you may have to adjust tho, depending on bedding used and chick size, why I recommend and love the adjustable legs.

I am still using my first Sunbeam X-Press Heat Heating Pads. I haven’t looked since I first got the ones I started with, but I do remember that when @henless was shopping for a pad, she found out that the reviews of some of Sunbeams were not actually for the particular models shown. I have had no issues whatsoever with either of my heating pads.

Here is a little nugget that hatched from my incubator full of a staggered hatch of chicks and Muscovy eggs. Not all hens are smart l have learned. The mama chicken hatched 2 chicks but left the nest with 6 eggs. Four were quitters but two showed promised. This little one hatched out last night and once it was dry l put it in a large dog crate with my MHP going.
I still have 16 Muscovy eggs and 1 chicken egg in the incubator at all stages of progression. Did not realize that the duck was pulling in eggs from other hens into her nest. She hatched 2 ducklings and walked away from 20 eggs. Had no idea she had that many since she was hiding under the duck coop where it was hard to see her. Thank goodness l keep the MHP around.
20190518_101739[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom