Mama Rouen limping and frequently laying far from the active groups- is it bumblefoot or aggressive Drake or ???

McGuffeyMisfits

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2020
Hello all, looking for advice in a few areas but most concerned about my ducks poor feet. They have a couple grassy walnut laden acres to roam and are houses under the trampoline at night. It can get muddy but we dry to maintain the front half so that its never saturated and they do always have dry areas. Within the past few days my already amorously overwhelmed matriarch Rouen Grace has begun to limp and have trouble keeping up with the gang. My youngest Drake is hyper agressive with her specifically so I'm thinking a combination of moisture and injury but don't know for sure or where to go from here. Looking to overhaul our housing this weekend. Adding a new structure and turning the current into more of a hospital area for times such as now. ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME AND APPRECIATED Please help me take care of my loves 💘 thanks all!!!!

Attachments

• 20210520_204431.jpg
    20210520_204431.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210519_072247.jpg
    20210519_072247.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 6
From the picture her feet don't look all that bad. How many drakes do you have? It's possible that she is being injured from over breeding.
I agree. And we have 2 drakes and 6 ladies. Our youngest guy, Welsh Harlequin, is a complete a$$hole SPECIFICALLY to her and I'm thinking that is the issue. Our older Cayuga drake rarely mates with her anymore. other would interfere/join and then I would be out back running them off for fear of them drowning the poor girl... I've seen neoprene duck shoes ... think if I put them on HIM it would help her from being mounted and or caught in the first place?

I agree her foot appears fine at the moment. What is your drake ratio? Also the heavier breeds seems to be more injury prone when it comes to slipping even a little and then walking away with a limp because they pulled something. If she is injured it makes perfect sense that she is staying off to the side especially if your drake is always after her. I would separate her if possible and keep her somewhere that she can rest without having to worry about running from your drake.

Back
Top Bottom