Bumblefoot or Jerk Drake?

McGuffeyMisfits

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2020
Hello all, looking for advice in a few areas but most concerned about my ducks poor feet. They have a couple grassy walnut laden acres to roam and are houses under the trampoline at night. It can get muddy but we dry to maintain the front half so that its never saturated and they do always have dry areas. Within the past few days my already amorously overwhelmed matriarch Rouen Grace has begun to limp and have trouble keeping up with the gang. My youngest Drake is hyper agressive with her specifically so I'm thinking a combination of moisture and injury but don't know for sure or where to go from here. Looking to overhaul our housing this weekend. Adding a new structure and turning the current into more of a hospital area for times such as now. ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME AND APPRECIATED Please help me take care of my loves 💘 thanks all!!!!

Yeah we have one drake and eight hens and some days he's one too many haha. My wife and I are a couple days away from healing our second case of bumblefoot, this time with a silver appleyard. Our ducks free range this time of year so she has a small fenced in area just outside their coop with lots of pine chips on the ground. Both of our cases started exactly like yours and early action has to be a good thing. Along with trial and error everything i know about ducks i've learned here including bumblefoot treatment. We soak 15 minutes daily in epsom salts, towel dry then apply uncolorized iodine to both feet and allow it to dry before putting her down. I remember reading that uncolorized iodine was the way to go because it's stronger. Her swelling has gone down after 6 days, bumble looks much better and she's also walking better this morning.

Back
Top Bottom