MamawChars' homesteading journey

MamawChar

In the Brooder
Dec 21, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm Mamaw, in January of 2021 we moved from Washington state to Florida to seek out our dream of owning land and growing a working sustainable environment. We are excited to see what the land will produce and how our birds and goats will thrive. This new year will be filled with hatching eggs we order from Murry McMurray and happy feet hatchery here in Florida. We are looking for goats as well as three or four hogs. We would like to have two breeding pairs of hogs, four pair of turkeys and same for geese and ducks. We have decided on 35 hens and 5 roosters for our chicken breeding program. It's time now to draw out the garden plan and turn the soil. So happy to learn and grow with you all.

Hello everyone, I'm Mamaw, in January of 2021 we moved from Washington state to Florida to seek out our dream of owning land and growing a working sustainable environment. We are excited to see what the land will produce and how our birds and goats will thrive. This new year will be filled with hatching eggs we order from Murry McMurray and happy feet hatchery here in Florida. We are looking for goats as well as three or four hogs. We would like to have two breeding pairs of hogs, four pair of turkeys and same for geese and ducks. We have decided on 35 hens and 5 roosters for our chicken breeding program. It's time now to draw out the garden plan and turn the soil. So happy to learn and grow with you all.
Hi Mawmaw!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
Thank you so much. Funny how time can change our direction. In April I will be 50 and I am so thrilled to take what I know and grow it into a thriving nest for the Hubby and myself. Building a legacy for our children and grandchildren. Thank you for being so kind and greeting me. It's been a long year and ironically I am still trying to make friends round here in Florida. The view from our yard. Is breathtaking. Again thank you for reaching out and for your welcoming words.

Sincerely, MamawChar

Attachments

• 20221211_105957.jpg
    20221211_105957.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much. Funny how time can change our direction. In April I will be 50 and I am so thrilled to take what I know and grow it into a thriving nest for the Hubby and myself. Building a legacy for our children and grandchildren. Thank you for being so kind and greeting me. It's been a long year and ironically I am still trying to make friends round here in Florida. The view from our yard. Is breathtaking. Again thank you for reaching out and for your welcoming words.

Sincerely, MamawChar
You're most welcome. :)
Lovely picture!

Back
Top Bottom