MAN HAVE I WAITED PATIENTLY TO MAKE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

Congratulations......Reading threads like this gives me hope.
I am awaiting my first egg.........I thought it would happen last week.....but nothing.
Maybe now that the heat wave is over I will have my first egg soon.
big_smile.png
CONGRATS TO YOU!

we have had one egg EACH AND EVERY day for the last 5 days from our sex link hen...she is the first to start laying...well the first 4 whilst tasty were tiny but today's egg was BIGGER than a store bought one...we compared one out of the fridge to the one she layed today...unbelievable that #1 she is laying an egg a day from the get go and #2 that it only took her 5 days to get to a full sized egg!

Is this about normal?

This is too awesome..we have a bunch of other chickens with red developed combs ( mainly our barred rocks but also the RIWs are starting) so i guess they will start laying here soon also. Does anyone know how to tell with ameraucanas when they will lay? Do their pea combs get big also?

Hey guys....SCHAWEEET!!!!!!!!! We got 3 eggs today instead of the one we had previously been getting. The extra two are a VERY pale brown almost white...do the white egg layers start out laying white eggs? I know it may be a dumb question but i am trying to figure out who laid these extra two eggs...we have officially bought our last store eggs ever...we will at this rate get enough to feed ourselves with just these 3 birds laying...i am going to be up to my A** in eggs in no time since I have 21 layers!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Uuugh how could I have forgotten that after the hilarious vent thread? Mine started last week only have 2 hens but got 6 eggs in 7 days wasn't sure which was laying (or both). The last one was a double yolker - deeeeeelish. Know what I am going to do tonight?

Guess What
Chicken Butt.....

our girl who was laying didnt give us and egg for 2 days now..i wonder if she is hiding them or if its because its rainy and cold here. By the way my stupid birds were outside tonight all absolutely dripping wet...they have anice warm dry coop but stayed outside instead...WEIRD!

ARAN.........IS THAT YOU?????? I Dont think i have seen you posting in a long time. How are you? Things ok? My silkies sit in the rain too. I wonder if this rain you speak of is headed my way.......?

hey matey...yep im back...been busy at work, home stuff you know...trying to keep it all on the smooth and even. Anyways im around ...nice to have an evening to catch up on all the chicken stuff!

I'm sure glad I'm not as busy as you. Are all your chickens doing well? Mine are not too happy to have this heat back.

Wendy

BTW....still no eggs!!!!!!!! yesterday was 23 weeks old!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Wendy...the last 3 days several of the girls have started laying. We got 8 eggs one day and are getting 4-5/day since! The lil buggars are burying them in the corners of the coop instead of uising the nesting boxes which sucks but still awesome...we are getting brown, dark brown and whites each day now!

Back
Top Bottom