MAN...I'm getting old !!!!

farmerchuck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Epping, NH
I said to the wife....."I have to go to Walmart and get a bigger bin for the chicks."
Then I start surfing this board and find a few people using dog kennels...." HEY...that looks familiar."
I dig my dog's old FURRARI carrier out and low and behold there's a hole in the top like someone had a light hanging in it. HHHMMMMMMM ?????
SO FAR...I've bought a new heatlamp and holder..had 2 in the cellar !!!
I bought 2 new feeders and waterers...you guessed it...had 2 old ones on the shelf in the basement !!!!
WELL..atleast I thought to use the dog's carrier before I bought a new one !!!!!
WHO thought 42 would be so hard...can't wait for 62 !!!!

chick3.jpg

chick5.jpg

LynneP

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Centre Rawdon, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey you can always use extra feeders/waterers...I'm retired and starting chicks in May. Lots of work to get set up but we have the brooder and indoor coop finished...thanks for the pics, they're nifty. I love RIR's.

farmerchuck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Epping, NH
I started with 20 lost one the first few days...I think she got smothered under a pig pile. The bigger brooder and the level waterer is making a big difference. The chicks don't have to crowd the feeder or water.
I have one with a little poo sticking....tried to get it off. She seemed a little less active than the rest so I investigated.
Hopefully my fussing with her bum helped.
Sometimes I think we worry too much.

Top Bottom