MAN...I'm getting old !!!!

farmerchuck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Epping, NH
I said to the wife....."I have to go to Walmart and get a bigger bin for the chicks."
Then I start surfing this board and find a few people using dog kennels...." HEY...that looks familiar."
I dig my dog's old FURRARI carrier out and low and behold there's a hole in the top like someone had a light hanging in it. HHHMMMMMMM ?????
SO FAR...I've bought a new heatlamp and holder..had 2 in the cellar !!!
I bought 2 new feeders and waterers...you guessed it...had 2 old ones on the shelf in the basement !!!!
WELL..atleast I thought to use the dog's carrier before I bought a new one !!!!!
WHO thought 42 would be so hard...can't wait for 62 !!!!

chick3.jpg

chick5.jpg

Hey you can always use extra feeders/waterers...I'm retired and starting chicks in May. Lots of work to get set up but we have the brooder and indoor coop finished...thanks for the pics, they're nifty. I love RIR's.

I started with 20 lost one the first few days...I think she got smothered under a pig pile. The bigger brooder and the level waterer is making a big difference. The chicks don't have to crowd the feeder or water.
I have one with a little poo sticking....tried to get it off. She seemed a little less active than the rest so I investigated.
Hopefully my fussing with her bum helped.
Sometimes I think we worry too much.

Back
Top Bottom