Man up the street, sort of threatening me....what should I do?

Lobzi

Crowing
14 Years
May 6, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, EB
I need some help with this please. A man up the street from me came wondering down with a teenager who was holding a bag (for my rooster?). He confronted my about having a rooster that crows at 5AM. I live in an unincorporated area so I can have farm animals including crowing rooster....others around the area have them too. Anyway, after a bit of sparing, I turned my back and he walked away. I waited then followed him to see where he and the kids were going. I know where they live. Anyway, do you think I should report this incident to the sheriff? Is there anything to report or do I have to wait until he does something to my chickens?
I will appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

IF he threaten you in anyway file a police report...he doesnt have to do anything as long as hes saying he will or hes gonna! you can even file a restraining order
smile.png

If he threatens harm to you or your possessions, file a report. If he didn't and was just eyeballing you, he's probably having a ****** day. Chances are with this economy, he'll be buying or bartering for your eggs soon enough. Play nice.

Edited for language. This is a family friendly board!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd file a report anyway.

Have it on record. You write down EVERYTHING and keep records yourself.

Times you called the sherriff or police. etc...

Exact times he came by.. .who was with him. etc... Exact conversations.

gee...thanks everyone for your advice. I will write down what we said and tomorrow Ill call it in to the sheriff. Thanks again. Im hoping no harm comes to my babies.
sad.png

I echo what has already been said but would also add this, put a lock and chain up. If they break the chain it will be way worse for them.

Back
Top Bottom