Man what a Mess

Ascholten

Free Ranging
Dec 12, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
So we had over 4 inches of rain last night, been raining all week actually. Everything is saturated.
I go out this morning to feed them, to find them literally standing in water because the entire yard is pretty much flooded.

I decided to let them free range the rest of the week, so they can find dry places to hang out at until stuff dries up a bit, good god what a terrible mess.

So the water is driving all the bugs and worms up too, because they too, do not like flooding.... Soooo... the birds are in every planter in the yard now, because all the goodies are right at the top :D That in itself may not be too bad, but NOOooo they have to DIG. and are tearing up all the plants and stuff.

Im about to either put them in a boat until this is over, or a crock pot.... luckily for them my crock pot only fits about 2..... for the time being....

Oh, and lets also not forget, they are hanging around on the back porch now too, because it's dry, I chase them away, 5 minutes later they are back..... Every time they look in the window, the cockatoo yells BAD BIRD !!! B A D B I R D !!!!! Because he heard me yell that when I chased them away in the past, and he's snitching them out... yah, life is fun in Jax ...

Aaron

Attachments

• 5 Aug 21 Dinner.jpg
    5 Aug 21 Dinner.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 31
Id vote the cockatoo to herd them into the crock pot faster than he'd herd them into a boat. You have to remember now, every second of attention the chickens get, is a second of attention he is NOT getting, and may I remind you Hooman... that simply does not work out well !!!

There is only ONE velcro birdie in Jacksonville and his name is PACO !! You want to see a PO'd Cockatoo? Snuggle a chicken in front of him!!

Attachments

• Kill U Human.jpg
    Kill U Human.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Another nice gully whumper hits. got over an inch of rain in half an hour. The yard was already saturated, it's a literal swamp now. Not too many places to move the coop where it's not ooky gooky and mooky.

I got the IBC cage pulled back, they can free range until this dries out a bit.
Ironically, they are roosting on my boat, because it's dry... gotta love florida.

Ill have to spray it down when stuff dries out a bit and fan it dry so it don't get moldy. That's another Florida problem, mold.

Aaron

Attachments

• flooding.jpg
    flooding.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 14
We haven’t had actual rain here in Oregon for two months! We’ve had two light sprinkles, but not even enough to water the garden. I’m hoping it will rain soon, it’s fire season. We got evacuated around this time last year! Here’s some photos. Anyway, I miss rain! It fells really weird this year with the heatwave too!

Attachments

• 9106F058-CCDC-4549-A228-EC13157CA624.jpeg
    9106F058-CCDC-4549-A228-EC13157CA624.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 13
  • EAC75924-AB46-4665-A5AA-60F6DA6D91A5.jpeg
    EAC75924-AB46-4665-A5AA-60F6DA6D91A5.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 8
  • EDE468B9-C10A-44C0-ABBF-58182743C42A.jpeg
    EDE468B9-C10A-44C0-ABBF-58182743C42A.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 12
We haven’t had actual rain here in Oregon for two months! We’ve had two light sprinkles, but not even enough to water the garden. I’m hoping it will rain soon, it’s fire season. We got evacuated around this time last year! Here’s some photos. Anyway, I miss rain! It fells really weird this year with the heatwave too!
Ooh that's kinda scary.
Hopefully it doesn't happen this year.

You can have some of our rain if you want😄 can ship it across.

Back
Top Bottom