Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Cut the flight wings they are the longest ones I used to go on a diagonal cause all the feathers are diff lengths Start from bottom and go up and out hope that helped

Of course I would never go to short only maybe an inch at most an inch and a half off the wings, thankyoufor advise, my little Ember is so flighty when she gets excited she flys up to the ceiling an hits a wall, an I'm always scared of her hurting herself, but she still has blood feathers so I don't know how they aren't to heavy for her.

Last edited:
If you go to my Facebook page I have some pictures of my young ducks which are probably around two months old. Blue Creek Aviaries.

does anybody know if wood ducks are like attracted to mandarin females? I know like they are distantly related since they have the same genus, but are they attracted to each other? we've had a male wood duck hang around our aviary recently.

Last edited:
Cool!!! that must be why last spring we had a wood drake with a mallard female, everywhere she went he followed and he attacked mallard males XD he was so tame to, he must have been somebodies because he and the mallard female would walk right up to us for food

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom